New life, new body

      So because I'm moving back home, and it's spring now in Brazil with summer coming soon, I decided to start a new routine of exercises and diet. Not only because of that, I'm also a little unhappy with my figure, and even though I'm at a "normal" weight, I feel it wouldn't hurt to lose a few pounds and gain a little self-esteem. For those who know me, I'm always unhappy with the way I look, always complaining about something, feeling fat, and ugly and whatnot. And the worst of it is, I hate being so cliche, but it's part of my personality I guess. I do watch what I eat, most of the time, and I try to exercise (I go to the gym at least once a week, I know, sad...) even though I hate it. But sometimes you come to a point where you either do something about it, or stop the bitching! I decided to do something, since I've always wanted to look fit, and not feel embarrassed to wear a bikini, especially when I LOVE the beach. It's my favorite spot in the world.
      So, my cousin had bought about a year ago this workout program called P90x, pretty popular actually in the fitness world. So recently I said to him, we should do it, and he said it was really hard and extreme, hence the "x", but I said "Well, it's worth a shot". The workout it's 1 hour per day, everyday, for 90 days, and if followed religiously, it is proved to give you the fittest and hottest body ever. So yesterday was our first day, and let me tell you, I was not prepared for it at all. I thought I was OK in terms of working out, since I'm not completely sedentary, but that thing was Xtremely hard! And to top it of, I had a headache which escalated to a horrible migraine, and I was on the verge of vomiting. So I stopped half way through. I couldn't finish it, and I felt worse.
      But no matter, today I will start again and this time (I hope) will be better. At least I intend to finish it. The diet that you have to do with the program in order to get the results you need, it's not bad, and I've been doing everything by the book for two days now, so at least on that I am ahead of my game. We will see how it goes, and even though I'll be in Brazil during this whole process and with the new situation and everything, I will try my best to do it everyday. I've taken a mental picture of how I want my body to look like in a bikini. And oh how I look forward to the beach....
      Other than that, everything else is still the same, getting things accomplished at work, getting anxious as days go by, but no bigger events, which is good.

      L

Comments