A little too late



Okay, so maybe I'm 3 years behind, but I guess that pretty much sets the tone for what happened in my life these past 3 years. A lot! Let's start at the beginning. I did not follow through with the P90x program, like I had mentioned on my last post (remember that?). And I will explain why...


... Wow, 7 years and 3 months later, here I am (the small paragraph I had written previously was really 4 years ago, so I decided to leave it just for reference and drama)... I completely abandoned this blog which is sad because I thought it was so cool when I first came up with the idea of it, but I guess that´s what it was, I loved the idea but my heart wasn´t really on it. Life got in the way, and let me tell you, it really did.

Who cares, right? It´s been too long, so just forget about it. All right, hold your horses. I´ll make a long story short and it´s my blog, I want to write it and I felt like doing it today. So, bear with me. Please?

Where should I begin? May I just say that it was not smooth sailing. Living with your parents when you´re 18 is one thing, when you´re 29 however, is totally different. Because you´ve changed, you became independent and accustomed to do what you want, how you want and when your want it, you got used to not having to ask permission for anything to anyone, you could go out, sleep over, have one night stands (oh the perks) and then suddenly you discover that your parents have not changed, and that they probably still think of you as their little girl and expect you to act accordingly. Don´t get me wrong, I did not disrespect my parents house just because I thought I could, but I made some mistakes along the way and had to be lectured a little. So, that´s that. OK, what else? Oh, right. Remember my boyfriend, the one I had and was moving in part because of him (I didn't mention him much before but he played a huge part on my decision, in fact he basically gave me an ultimatum since the long distance relationship thing wasn't fun anymore)? Yeah, he broke up with me 6 months after I got back and had found a new job (right around the time that the money I had was all gone too), but he didn´t brake up with me per Se, he broke up with me through my mother (but that´s a story for another post. Maybe).

And that was hard. It was one of the hardest thing I had to go through. Not because of him, actually that was a blessing, but because of the timing, of everything else that was going on in my life, all the changes and disappointments and difficulties. So I threw myself at work, and I made new friends and I was learning new things and was even learning how to live in my country again which had changed a lot in 10 years. But I got through it, I moved past it, I strived and I like to think that I thrived too. I certainly changed, I was forced to become more humble because I had suffered a lot and you can only really mature and grow the hard way.

And after 2 years of this healing process , I was finally ready to love again. I was ready to go right for it heads on, and I needed it, I wanted to find someone badly. I have always been a hopeless romantic and I had to find "the one". So I did. We´ve been together for 5 years now, married for 1, no kids yet but the time is coming, I can feel it, I'm getting ready.

And that´s a wrap. For now. See? That wasn't so hard to endure. But if you want I can tell you more, give you all the dirty details. Check me out later. Hopefully not 7 years later.


L


Comments